Stay at the forefront of thought leadership with news and analysis from award-winning journalists. Enjoy company features, CEO interviews, architectural reviews, technical project know-how and the latest innovations.Limited access to building.co.ukBreaking industry news as it happensBreaking, daily and weekly e-newsletters To continue enjoying Building.co.uk, sign up for free guest accessExisting subscriber? LOGIN Subscribe now for unlimited access Subscribe to Building today and you will benefit from:Unlimited access to all stories including expert analysis and comment from industry leadersOur league tables, cost models and economics dataOur online archive of over 10,000 articlesBuilding magazine digital editionsBuilding magazine print editionsPrinted/digital supplementsSubscribe now for unlimited access.View our subscription options and join our community Get your free guest access SIGN UP TODAY
All league football in England has been suspended until at least 3 April as a result of the spread of coronavirus.All Premier League games, EFL fixtures and matches in the FA Cup quarterfinals, FA Women’s Super League and Women’s Championship have been postponed.The English topflight is expected to resume on 4 April “subject to medical advice and conditions at the time” the Premier League said.The EFL, which hopes to resume play a day earlier than the Premier League on 3 April, said clubs were also advised to suspend “non-essential activities” such as “player appearances, training ground visits and fan meetings”.The suspension comes on an unprecedented day of cancellations. Football league programmes in Spain, Portugal, Holland and the United States were suspended alongside postponements in rugby, tennis, golf, basketball and athletics.It follows the positive coronavirus diagnosis returned by Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta who became the first Premier League figure to contract the virus late on Thursday.Chelsea also revealed that winger Callum Hudson-Odoi tested positive for the virus early on Friday while Everton and Leicester have players in quarantine who have shown symptoms.Earlier this week, several clubs – including Arsenal, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Manchester City, Juventus and Real Madrid – revealed they have either all or some of their playing staff in self-isolation.Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said: “In this unprecedented situation, we are working closely with our clubs, government, the FA and EFL and can reassure everyone the health and welfare of players, staff and supporters are our priority.”The Premier League said its “aim is to reschedule the displaced fixtures”, while the Football Association said “all parties are committed at this time to trying to complete this season’s domestic fixture programme”.In total, 10 people have now died in the UK with the virus and there have been 596 confirmed cases across the country.The EFL said: “This decision has not been taken lightly, but the EFL must prioritise the health and well-being of players, staff and supporters while also acknowledging the government’s national efforts in tackling this outbreak.” RelatedCoronavirus: English Premier League Suspension Extended Until At Least April 30March 19, 2020In “Africa”BREAKING: Serie A To Return On 20 June – ReportsMay 28, 2020In “Italy”Coronavirus: How Europes’s Top Leagues Have Been Affected By Deadly VirusMarch 11, 2020In “Europe”
Advertisement 432NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs4kkw5Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ez5kjg( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 7k7uWould you ever consider trying this?😱jot13Can your students do this? 🌚7y6uvyRoller skating! Powered by Firework Swede International, Jimmy Durmaz says the racist abuse he got on social media following his foul on Timo Werner which led to Sweden conceding the free-kick and Kroos scoring the goal, has been ‘completely unacceptable’Advertisement Advertisement Durmaz has since been subjected to online abuse, including threats to his family. He and his fellow teammates took a strong stand against racism after the Swedish FA complained to police about a storm of racial hatred and threats aimed at the winger.He went on to say,Advertisement “When you threaten me, when you call me ‘Arab devil,’ ‘terrorist,’ ‘Taliban,’ then you have gone far beyond the limit,” Durmaz said in the statement, which was published on the Swedish Football Association’s website.“And even worse, when you go after my family, my children, threaten them. Who does such a thing? It is completely unacceptable.”The video link to the statement is given below:-The statement concluded with the entire squad shouting ‘F*** racism!’ before applauding and jogging out to begin their workout.Read Also:-FIFA World Cup 2018: Stats of the Day – Day 12FIFA World Cup 2018: Iago Aspas with a late goal as Spain hold Morocco to a 2-2 draw Advertisement
By Mitchell Clarke A teacher from Officer Secondary College has been dubbed the state’s most outstanding secondary teacher, after being awarded a Victorian…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.