6th man surrenders in Simpson’s Vegas armed robbery case

first_imgBy Ken Ritter THE ASSOCIATED PRESS LAS VEGAS – The sixth and final man sought in the armed robbery case against O.J. Simpson has surrendered in court. Charles Bruce Ehrlich of Miami was taken into custody in Las Vegas after a brief hearing before a judge who set his bail at $32,000. Ehrlich’s lawyer, John Moran Jr., said Ehrlich will plead not guilty. “He’s not a principal in this thing,” Moran said of allegations that Ehrlich joined Simpson and the other men in kidnapping and stealing sports memorabilia from two collectors last week. Moran called Ehrlich an acquaintance of Simpson’s, and expected his client to post bail and return to Florida later Friday. Ehrlich, 53, faces the same charges as four other co-defendants, including Charles Cashmore, who was arraigned minutes earlier on charges including kidnapping, armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. A kidnapping conviction could result in a sentence of life in prison with parole. Simpson faces one additional charge of felony coercion. Cashmore’s lawyer, Edward Miley, acknowledged that Cashmore has a 1997 conviction in a Utah bad check case, and has a bad check charge pending in Las Vegas. Prosecutors accuse Simpson of leading the five men as they burst into a hotel room at a Las Vegas casino, displayed guns, and stole autographed footballs and other collectible items. Authorities allege that the suspects went to the hotel room on the pretext of brokering a deal with Alfred Beardsley, 46, an accuser along with Bruce Fromong. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Transfer rumours and paper review – Monday, July 6

first_imgHere are the latest transfer rumours from Monday’s newspapers and beyond….Raheem Sterling will have to report for pre-season training with Liverpool on Monday, but the Reds are expecting a third bid from Manchester City for the wantaway winger this week. (The Independent)And the Reds flyer could be in line for a £4?million cut of his agent’s fee if Manuel Pellegrini’s side meet Liverpool’s £50?million asking price for the England striker. (Daily Telegraph)Manchester United are reportedly considering hijacking Chelsea’s move for Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic. (Daily Mirror)The Red Devils have also launched a 35 million euro (£25m) bid for Galatasaray keeper Fernando Muslera, 29. (Vatan – in Turkish)Arsenal have made initial contact with Pedro’s representatives over a move for the Barcelona winger, according to reports in Spain. (The Independent)The Gunners have also been given the green light to sign Arturo Vidal with Juventus willing to sell him, according to reports. (Metro)Doubts over a long-standing shoulder injury mean Newcastle United are only prepared to pay £12million for Queens Park Rangers frontman Charlie Austin. (Daily Mail)While Eddie Howe is ready to smash Bournemouth’s transfer record to land the Rs striker. The Cherries boss will pay £14million for Austin, 25, who fired 18 Premier League goals in his debut top-flight season. (The Sun)Tottenham are reportedly considering swapping club flop Erik Lamela for Juventus striker Fernando Llorente. (Metro)Spurs must pay £18million if they want to sign winger Yannick Ferreira Carrasco from Monaco. (Daily Star)Newcastle United are closing in on their first signing of the summer after PSV Eindhoven left Georginio Wijnaldum out of their squad for a pre-season friendly in anticipation of the Holland international completing a move to Tyneside. (Daily Telegraph)Brendan Rodgers will this week match the £32.5million buy-out clause in Christian Benteke’s Aston Villa contract to continue his summer spending spree, just as talkSPORT told you earlier this month. (Daily Express)last_img read more

Alex Teixeira on stalled Liverpool move: ‘I want to be there, but it’s in Shakhtar’s hands’

first_img Liverpool target Alex Teixeira Liverpool target Alex Teixeira says his move to Anfield is now in the hands of the Shakhtar Donetsk president, Rinat Akhmetov.The Reds have already had a bid of around £24million for the Brazilian rejected by the Ukrainian giants, but they are expected to return with an improved offer.Teixeira is currently in Florida on a winter training camp with Shakhtar but admits he is desperate to sign for the Merseysiders before the January window shuts.“Liverpool are a huge club. So many great players have passed through there,” he told NBC.“I want to be there. But that is up to the club president now. I can only hope.“It is frustrating. So now I’m just waiting, trying to be patient.” 1last_img